Friday, February 1, 2019

On the Coldest Day

Hello,



It was so nice to have the water flowing and the internet up and working. There is something to be said for living in a house with other people. It really helps if you get along. We can help each other and contribute to a full life.



In the afternoon my downstairs friend came up to look at the family pictures we had taken at Christmas time. Now I just have to get them to a framer.



After that we spend some time visiting and putting together the two sided 50 piece puzzle that I got for my birthday. It was great to have some company on a day when going outside was not appealing.



An apartment building could also have that some easy visiting feature to it. Leroy and I still do not know what we will do when retirement is complete, but we have some ideas of what to look for.



While Robin and I were visiting Clark went back to the attic to further insulate the pipes. We did let it drip for one more night just as insurance that all would be well.



My pink Christmas cactus is just about done blooming. One of the violets has also almost stopped showing good color. One amaryllis bud is starting to come close to opening. Going from bloom to the next is such good timing. Last year we were gone for most of the time that the amaryllis bloomed so I am looking forward to seeing them in all their glory this year.



Tonight Leroy and I are walking to the nearby college for a faculty recital. We have gone to these in the past and enjoyed them.



Paula

No comments: