Monday, February 4, 2019

Leroy is 70 years old

Hello,



Yesterday was Leroy’s 70th birthday. Somehow it is hard to believe that we are that venerable age. In the past anyone past 70 years seemed so ancient. Now it is just young. Perspective does make a difference. Because of social media some people greeted him at church as that was the birthday. He was also pleased to get calls from all of his children.



He even got some birthday presents from me. Three of them were clothing items which I know that he is not so excited about, but he was pleased with two shirts which were different colors than anything he currently has. Some great feeling long underwear helped to make him feel cared for. There were a couple of food items that he was pleased with as well.



Besides that, he could choose the menus for the day, except breakfast when I forgot about it being his birthday and just made oatmeal. For lunch he had waffles with bananas in them. He had talked about having banana bread later in the day. For that purpose I had thawed three frozen bananas. The big problem was that I did not have enough flour in the house to make banana bread and waffles. Neither of us wanted to go to the store. We both thought the waffles were fine, even good.



I believe that Leroy feels old even though I beat him to this age. I am glad to have him catch up. Soon he will get his first social security check. Somehow that seems like a milestone, even though I have been receiving checks for several years now.



Paula

No comments: