Sunday, February 17, 2019

Iowa Skiing

Hello,



We are getting the predicted amount of snow, lots of it. We have shoveled twice, but it is still snowing. Leroy wanted to go cross country skiing. We have not done that for several years, perhaps four. Getting the skis down involved a bit of maneuvering in the garage since they were stored up in the rafters.



At least the boots still fit and they are easy to put on and lace. The next harder step was to remember how to connect the boots to the skis. That took a bit more time and struggle. Leroy especially had some trouble with that. However once his skis were attached he took off much faster than I could manage. We only travel on the flat because I am scared of any slope. We headed off to the bike trail using the alley and the street from time to time to make the connection. Few cars were on the road so it was not really a problem.



Once on the trail I felt safer, but I still could not keep up with Leroy. He would pause for me from time to time. It was great to meet some acquaintances from our neighborhood. They were on snow shoes and moving along with more stability than we were. While we were talking, a guy on a bike with big, or snow, tires came by. I am happy to see others out using their bodies and enjoying the outdoors.



Here are some pictures we posted on line.  Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 2 people, including Paula S. Bradway, people smiling, snow and outdoorImage may contain: Paula S. Bradway, smiling, snow, outdoor and nature

I was happy that I got my 10,000 steps just when I was wondering if it really was fun. I smiled at the accomplishment and energy returned.



Paula

No comments: