Tuesday, February 5, 2019

My Brain

Hello,



When I work on Saturday I usually do not work on Tuesday. However my boss called me, Friday while I was out shopping to ask if I could not work Monday and work Tuesday instead. I because of no plans, of course, said, “Yes.”



Apparently I promptly forgot about it as I went to work yesterday, Monday. The first co worker who saw me said, “I thought you were not working today.”



“Oh, I do not know,” I replied as a faint memory started to surface. Why does my brain not record these things in a place where they can be retrieved? When my boss came she also confirmed that I had come on the wrong day. I just worked for two hours so my car trip was not in vain. Today I had thought about coming in late, but there is a prediction of winter mix to be coming. I will go on time and hope for more flexibility in the stopping time. I do envy that Leroy who lives so close to his work places making it easier to get there when the weather is a problem.



I should take the time to perfect my ability to use the calendar on my phone so I could record changes no matter where I am. Where is that brain power and the willingness to put forth the effort?



I now have the dirty car syndrome which I sometimes brush again when getting in the car, consequently my coat has, from time to time, car dirt on it. I try to be as careful as I can, but do not always succeed. I need reminders, but my brain is on to other thingsrather than car dirt.



Paula

No comments: