Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday for Leroy

Hello,



Leroy was a participant for all three services this morning. Perhaps it is because that felt like a day of work rather than a day of rest, he vacuumed this afternoon. What he did not know was that I had shared in my small group that I do not do house work on Sundays. Because he was doing that vacuuming I moved some small things off the floor such as a foot stool and our book baskets. Then I departed some more from my Sabbath rule by shaking our four throw rugs.  Ultimately I realize that I cannot blame Leroy for this as he did not even ask me to do it, but I do not like to vacuum without out moving those small things.



He had talked about vacuuming yesterday, but tells me now that when he thought of it he did not feel like doing it, hence the delay. Leroy had a “to do” list in his head and we managed to do all of the other items on that list.



It was quite fine to walk to church this morning because the wind was at my back most of the time. I wore my tallest boots, mostly because they are comfortable to walk in and because I anticipated melting on the way home so the waterproof quality would be an asset.



Many people had shoveled their walks so it was a grateful person who went by sending good wishes their way. The places that were not clear were fine if no one had walked there and I just sunk into the snow, but the frozen footsteps were a bit more treacherous. All in all, the walk required concentration along with giving some physical exercise. Leroy tells me that he thought he did not need boots so on the early morning way to church he walked in the street much of the time. On the way home it was more challenging as there was more car traffic and he had to use the sidewalks where both snow and water in the crosswalks presented problems.



Paula

No comments: