Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Gross!

Hello,



Yesterday I went to the toilet, peed if you want to know, stood up pulled up my pants and felt/heard my Fitbit snap off my waist and into the unclean toilet. Gross, gross, gross went through my mind as I quickly stuck my hand in to rescue this round quarter sized object. I quickly got it out of the case and rinsed it off. The display was still there. So from feeling gross I went to feeling relieved and happy. Even after it was dry it still worked.



That is certainly better than my phone that stopped working after a granddaughter, long ago, threw it in a toilet. Can’t remember if it was clean or not, but it still did not work after rinsing, drying and putting it in rice. The Fitbit is a smaller item in the overall scheme of life, but I really did not want to replace it, especially after I had just purchased a new battery for it.



I now wonder “how did I change diapers for both children and grandchildren”. The real mystery is that it did not bother me too much and had even become a normal part of life. Is it all in attitude? Especially when a loved one is involved?



If I ever need such care, I hope someone will be around me who can clean up and not be too grossed out. The real gift will be treating it like a small occurrence in the scheme of things.



On another topic, our church book club is reading A Man Called Ove. I have read that before and enjoyed it. It was fun to start it again. I seldom reread a book, but I am ready for some laughs. I have recommended this book to many people. Some people do not like it at all. That always surprises me. But then I do not like all the books that others have recommended to me.



Paula

No comments: