Monday, March 5, 2018

No Voice Talking to Me

Hello,



I just figured out how to get rid of the voice that wants a yes or no answer to whether or not I want to look at the text message on my phone. Now the real deal will be that I do not accidently set it up again and not know how to eliminate it once more. Technology is just full of circles that I run around and around on creating spiraling blood pressure and annoyance. If I could just remember what button I pushed life would be simple. Those old people back in the day, did not know how easy life was when one had to merely plug it in to have it work as expected.



Leroy mentioned that there was a little free library across the street from the church and would I like to take some of the extra books that I have from my grant. I said, “Yes, that would be great. I did not know a about that one and did not put any in there before.”



We headed to church with eleven books to drop off if there was room. If not enough room, one of the congregation members has a library in her yard and I could give the remainder to her.



Wow! Only three books were in this library so all eleven would fit with ease. Now I just have thirteen more to distribute and that will be a finished project. I checked the one close to our house and it is still lying on the ground. I suppose spring must be a little fuller in evidence before they can get it back upright.



I had felt a little embarrassed to still have these books in my house. I had some trouble finding the libraries as two of them were gone. Also this year I was able to get almost twice as many books for the same amount of money. Nice to have more to share, but then I needed more not fewer places to distribute them.



The person in the congregation did comment that the new books I had put in moved very quickly. I had asked if her library needed some more books. She also commented that she made some kids she knew, read the books and put them back so others can share in the reading wealth. What a deal for all!



Paula

No comments: