Saturday, March 24, 2018

Snow Shoveling and That Lantern


Shoveling and that Lantern

March 24, 2018



Hello,



Leroy and I went out at 7:30 to shovel this wet, heavy, spring snow. It packed well as it dripped into piles. It was definitely exercise! I noticed that our neighbors, one set who seldom shovels, had already been out. “Look at that,” I exclaimed, “They have already shoveled.”



“I am not surprised as I heard someone shoveling at 4:00 this morning.” Leroy responded.



Life is full of wonders.



After about three hours we went back out and again shoveled that cement sidewalk which we could no longer see. I am thankful that we did not wait much longer as the snow was again heavy with increasing wetness. It has snowed since then, but there must be enough heat in the sidewalk to keep it melted because it is still clear.



I almost feel nervous about admitting it, but I like snow, especially when I do not have to drive anywhere. We were aiming to make snow people, but that did not happen. In spite of the snow being packable it did not want to hold together well enough to make people. I settled for a snow bunny. Leroy took a picture, but there is not enough contrast in the snow colors to see it clearly. Here is the link so you can guess what you are looking at beside my boots. 





Leroy did not understand that the lantern was only seven dollars. He had understood me to say that it was seven dollars off. He did not talk about it, but I will go to the service counter next time I am in that store and see if they will take more money from me as I do not feel right about it. Then I can sleep more comfortably.



Paula

No comments: