Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Friends and Food

Hello,



I just noticed that I have over 200 friends on that social media site. How did this happen for an introvert who does not make friends easily? I suppose one of the biggest reasons is that we have moved so many times, increasing the number of people that I know. In any new place I am forced to meet new people. Those new people then become acquaintances and some become dear friends. Had I not moved for most of my life I would have just been happy to keep the same friends for years. As it is I have been forced to expand my circles. I believe this to have been a good thing. There are some people who have over a 1000 friends on social media. I can barely wrap my brain around such an idea. I guess I know 1000 people, but I have never counted.



The food I want to talk about is what was on the cruise. I am almost a vegetarian and I seldom eat sweets. Most of the food was aimed at meat eaters and sweet eaters. So we were told, most people gain a pound a day when they are on a cruise. I did not gain a pound. I believe that I lost five pounds. There was some good food for me to eat, but I had to search it out. One large gap for me was that I eat nuts and fruits for my snacks. The snacks provided in our rooms were candy and sweetened drinks. After the second or third day I did find some nuts. Now I know that I should have stocked up on them and taken them back to the room so I could indulge later. There was fresh fruit for breakfast and some fruit salad for meals.



I had taken a bag that had nuts and dried fruit in it. Unfortunately I asked Leroy to work on that before we left. His equation of nuts to fruits is quite different than mine. I felt there were almost no nuts and too much fruit. Consequently I did not gain any weight. Another factor would probably be the amount of walking. I believe that I walked well over 10000 steps each day so that surely took off some energy that was needed to keep going.



Paula

No comments: