Monday, March 19, 2018

Saving Pots

Hello,

I am a great believer in reusing and recycling, however, that belief can make life more difficult rather than simple and smooth flowing. Flower pots to do not often go in the garbage at my house, consequently I have a stash in the garage ready for use at any time.

This morning I looked for two pots to use for the two other violet stems that are growing in the lone pot. The violet leaves are hanging in a lackluster droop. Could they be too crowded? I have potting soil, but alas only one of the pots on hand seemed to be the proper size for new growth possibility. To make do, should it be bigger or smaller? At the moment a smaller one caught my eye. Because of the coolness in the unattached garage, the potting soil and the two new pots, one of the really is new, are now residing in the bathroom closet to warm up and keep them out of my line of vision. Clutter is not tolerated for long before my brain is stressed and complaining.

Because I do not know much about violets and transplanting, an internet search is in order. What did we/I do back in the days when there were no computers? I remember talking to a number of people until I found a successful violet grower and siphoning off knowledge along with encouragement and a bolstering of possibilities. It did not always work as planned, but it was good for the soul. Sometimes I was given even more than I asked for.

There are some beautiful violets at the church. I scrutinized them yesterday, looking for hints of the best way to proceed. I did not learn much, but that the people who were sitting close were great at causing the death of violets. Now the internet fills many information needs, but no talking is allowed. Perhaps that is why I now spend so much time talking to myself.

Paula

No comments: