Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Brilliance or Not?


Hello,



This morning I thought of some brilliant statement and an idea for writing to you. But I did not make a note about it. Consequently when I sat down to write this afternoon my brain seemed to be not only not brilliant, but a tad dull. After stewing around for some time, walking from room to room looking for that thought, I realized that it was not coming back.



So I made some phone calls that I have been putting off. I needed to check with our insurance supplement to learn just what is covered in the wellness exam. I had called to make an appointment last week for just such an excursion, but the Doctor’s office would not book the exam until they knew what it covered. For some reason that day I was unable to reach the insurance company.



It takes quite a lot of courage for me to make these calls so I put them off as much as I can. When the letter writing did not happen it seemed there were no further excuses. The call went through right away and it was really painless, but I was sweating quite a bit by the time it was over. I am not sure that I can explain such, but I do not really like to use the phone. I next called the office and made that appointment. While I had my courage up and running through me, I called the eye doctor. Just as we were talking about when I might come in, I realized that Leroy needed to be my driver because they wanted to dilate my eyes. I had no idea when Leroy would be able to do this so I had to get out of that conversation. Now courage is needed another day.



A compliment for Leroy, when I talked to him about my angst about making the calls he listened with a note of understanding rather than giving advice or saying it would be alright and what is so hard about that. He is learning something the older he gets.



Paula

No comments: