Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Bills to pay

Hello,



I gasped a little when I saw the credit card bill. How did it get so large? Usually I wait for the notice that I can look at the statement, but yesterday I went immediately to the website so I could verify the bill and all its contents.



In the end it was all our expenditures. I had forgotten about paying the income tax preparer as well as a donation that we had made to the seminary. Then there was another donation so it all added up to the usual amount spent on more regular things.



There is something about that plastic card and not knowing just how much has been spent. Somewhere in my brain I keep a list going so I am seldom amazed by the total. All in all I am thankful that we had enough money on hand to pay that bill.



This morning Leroy and I did the final step to process our passports. I was impressed at how easy it all was at the county office. We did have the form filled out ahead of time. The person at the desk checked forms for accuracy of completion. I had not filled out a part that asked who to call in emergency as well as a couple places so they would know that I wanted a book and not a card. Neither of us had filled in a spot that said travel was in the future.



We had our pictures taken there with that new technology the pictures were ready in just minutes. We wrote a check for both passports and had the county mail it for us. We did have to pay for the cost of the pictures as well as the postage. All in all I thought it was a good simple deal. I remember the first time that I got one and all of the requirements of time and effort. Technology does simplify our lives in many ways even though I still hear people complain about it if something goes wrong.



Paula

No comments: