Friday, June 30, 2017

New Vocabulary

Hello,

I have been telling people that the car is half fixed because we decided not to do the shocks and/or struts. Those two parts were not in such bad shape. Then usually someone will ask what was fixed. I knew that it was something with the front brakes as well as something else I could not name. Now I know it included the sway bar links. I consider my auto vocabulary increased. It was especially helpful when I looked it up to see just what that was. The mechanic had told Leroy that I could be in trouble if I had a collision. I am happy to have it fixed. I will say that the drive to work was much quieter than it had been. It is nice that noise tells us something about the condition of the machine.

We are still looking, but not in a serious rush, for a different car. When the right item comes along we will be ready to make that purchase. Does intuition work when making such a large expenditure?

I have found some new exercises for stretching and strengthening my body. If I actually do these, it would be an improvement for my body. I am also toying with the idea of increasing my vocabulary from time to time to stretch and strengthen my brain. Can I stick with either of these resolves?

Doing yoga and tai chi once a week is good, but I suspect that there should be more time spent. I liked it when we lived in Chariton and I did yoga and tai chi three times a week with a group. People in Ely would like it more, but it does not fit into my schedule to do that. I am not going to drive there anymore than I already do in a week.

At the library, I will be doing one yoga session for children and their care givers. I have been reading about yoga and children. I did acquire some new learning for that, although it was not vocabulary. Apparently at age seven we have our maximum flexibility. After that how we move in our daily life starts to set our muscles. It is not age that makes the changes. Children start sitting more after that age altering posture over time.


Paula

No comments: