Friday, June 16, 2017

Do I want to learn?

Hello,



Today I learned on the radio that watering the garden in the evening is not a good idea. That has been my favored watering time. Instead the best time to water gardens is in the morning between 5:00 and 9:00. Even at noon is better than at night. The night watering is bad because the water sits on the leaves overnight when there is little wind to blow it off. Molds and other diseases flourish in that type of environment.



The real reason I do not want to know this is that it requires a change in my lifestyle. I get up early, but I do not go to the garden immediately upon rising. Rain is best; however it does not always put in the required amount when needed.



The lipstick that I bought today had been opened with a broken seal, unfortunately I did not notice until I was home. I suspect that cosmetics are not taken back if the seal is broken. It never occurred to me to check. Guess that is a lesson learned. In the future I must look the container over. This too is not something I really wanted to learn.



I bought a new dress today; actually with deals it was a free dress. I thought the dress, in the store light, was a dark blue. It has a v-neck which is a style I do not usually wear. There were two other women in the fitting room area so even though they were strangers to me I asked for their opinion of this dress on me. One of them suggested that a short necklace would look quite fine with it. I instantly thought of a necklace with a dark blue stone that Leroy had gotten me some time ago. When I pulled this dress out of the bag at home I saw that it was really a deep purple. I did not want to learn about that. Perhaps I saw that before, but did not let the fact of color intrude. Leroy and I think I might be able to wear the necklace anyway as they are both quite dark. Shall I just pretend I am color blind if it does not work?



Paula

No comments: