Saturday, June 24, 2017

Community Garden


Hello,



Right now most of community garden is a big thriving weed patch. There are plants in there that we care about, but you have to know what you are looking for to find them and realize that they are important. I weeded a bit this morning. Hopefully I saved tomatillos and not weeds, but it is a guess since I have only seen them once about four years ago.



Daughter Miriam grew them in her garden and declared them a weed when they came back in abundance the following year. We are taking a chance, but we are used to pulling so many weeds that we figure they can just join the crowd.



Last night Leroy and I got rid of three vines by the house that our MN visitors declared a weed. I had kept it alive because it grew in a place I thought I had planted something viable. We also weeded around the house. Then we tackled the stuff growing in the sidewalk cracks. Is all this weeding after guests have gone making true that old saying about “closing the barn door after the horse is gone”?



This afternoon Leroy and I are traveling to a wedding in Burlington. It is to be outside and we are really in a quandary about what to wear. It is quite cool here, only in the high 60’s. There, it is to be 74 which in our minds seems much warmer. I had planned on wearing a summer dress, but I am tending to put that plan aside. The reception is indoors, but often the air conditioning is set so low that I am cold. So I probably should dress warmly. Besides warmth we must also consider what fashion standard we need to meet. As the wedding is outdoors, does that mean casual? It is beyond our experience to know how to dress.



Paula

No comments: