Sunday, June 18, 2017

New Phone Number

Hello,

Our new phone box came for Ooma which is our internet phone provider. Last week, Leroy had cleaned the frig causing our former box to fall on the floor and break. Even though I had considered not having a home phone I did miss it. Almost no one calls us for any reason so it is not missed too much, except when my phone battery needed to be charged. Then I felt like I was not a part of the modern age just in case someone might like to contact me. How did people live comfortably without phones?

The new box means that we have a new phone number. The biggest stretch is that I need to memorize a new number. This number looks easy. Do you think I will know which is old and which is new when sorting through the possibilities in my brain? It might all get mixed up with some old or new password.

I also had to put a new message on the answering machine. That was also a brain stretch as I had not done that for about five years. I like to have a message with our name on it. The last name is the only one I use. I make calls for overdue books at the library. I find I always wonder if I have the right place if there is no name or if that name is different than the one on my records. Then there are some people who have full mail boxes so I cannot leave a message. That requires much more time making repeated calls.

Now we need to think of all the places that have this phone number such as the doctor and dentist. Much interchange has been shifted to the online possibility so it would not matter for many business places such as our bank, financial, or insurance people. It would be nice to send a message to all of them with that new number.

I surprised Leroy with a Father’s Day gift. I always said that we did not need gifts on Mother’s or Father’s day because we were not the parents of each other. I saw a bike tool set that I got. His old one that he still intends to fix came apart from the vibrations as he rides. He had been quite unhappy about that. Feeling a little unprepared as he rides because you never know what he might need.


Paula

No comments: