Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Guests: Invited and Uninvited

Hello,

Just a short note before I ride my bike to work. I am counting on the prediction of 40% chance of rain to be slight.

We had a wonderful overnight visit with our invited MN friends. We talked almost nonstop, laughed, and shared. It was an uplifting time indeed. What would the world be like without friends? Rather dim and dull. Getting from one day to the next would be a plodding affair.

This morning I went out early to water the plants. The lilies had buds bitten off. And the broccoli plant was seriously diminished. My friend who has experience with this type of scavenging pronounced it deer. I have never seen a deer around here, but who knows who visits under the cover of darkness. This is certainly done by something taller than a rabbit and not invited by me. Perhaps the netting needs to go back up and be a little taller if we can manage. It seemed the leaves where being stifled by the net as they stretched up to gather the sun to their souls. So we took it off hoping the marauders were small and done eating.

I like to see the deer, but we can quickly change our relationship depending on how they browse. Feelings of admiration turn to aversion in a munch.


Paula

No comments: