Monday, June 12, 2017

Leroy’s eyes

Hello,

Leroy had his eyes checked last week.  He has a sty that he is treating, but the other news is that the seeing double has lessened a little, but not enough to justify new glasses at this point. The amazing thing is that he now has 20/20 vision in terms of distance. I had been noticing that he managed to see many things that were too far away for me to pull into focus even with my glasses on. My glasses correct me to 20/50 in one of my eyes and a little better in the other.

When we went to church in MN I could not read many things projected on the board if the type size was a bit small such as the words of hymns. With a struggle I could have figured it out, but at that point the song would go on. I was fortunate that I could secure a bulletin with hymn numbers on it if the song was from the hymnal. As a result I could participate in most of the worship service. Sometimes I just listened to the words I could hear around me and contemplated the meaning.

This morning I delivered some neighborhood newsletters, grateful for the morning coolness. I then learned that the neighborhood meeting is this Thursday so I will try to finish them early tomorrow morning before I head off to Tai Chi. Darkness is a good thing when the heat moves in. It was just delightful this morning to be out in the fresh air and not feel too hot. Tomorrow will be better because I will go out two hours earlier. I might even set the alarm so I do not over sleep.

I “borrowed” an IPAD from the Ely library so I could “play” around with it a bit more to use for my Yoga sessions. I use both music on it as well as the timer and do not have time, in front of people, to search for items. A bonus was that Sarah’s family wanted to do Facetime. It was so much nicer to have a larger screen than the IPOD.


Paula

No comments: