Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Weeds and phones

Hello,

This morning I finally got my will together and strong enough to go to the community garden to tackle some of those weeds. I did put up a post on Facebook and the neighborhood site hoping someone would come and be with me. It worked. I had not been there much longer than 15 minutes when a friend came to help. The talking seems to take away the work aspect of the task. In an hour we had made quite a lot of progress. We even found some squash that had recently sprouted. Leroy will be pleased as he has been bemoaning the fact that many of the seeds did not sprout. We were thinking of replanting. Some replanting will still need to be done, but not to the extent that we first thought.

We will also buy some plants to replace those that have been enjoyed by other critters. Hopefully the garden centers will still have some selections and at a good marked down price now.

I was also pleased to see some greens coming through the soil. Unfortunately I cannot identify some of them because I was not involved in the planting. Hope Leroy has a decent diagram of what is where so tags can be made.

Leroy decided to clean behind the refrigerator. He thought the phone box sitting on top had enough cord so he did not remove it. The cord was not long enough so it crashed to the floor and we no longer have a home phone. He did order another box, but the arrival is uncertain. In the meantime I am trying to be more attached to my phone. I do not particully like that, but I suppose I could get used to the idea of not having a home number. However, I like being home and putting my phone down knowing I can answer the home phone in almost any room with little effort. Am I lazy? Yes!


Paula

No comments: