Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Looking Forward

Hello,

Leroy made an appointment with the second opinion mechanic to get about half of the auto work done. The rest is not so pressing. Hopefully this will take away the banging sound that I had heard when going over a bump. I have enjoyed driving the newer car.  Improvements are noticeable. We will start looking for a replacement for the older vehicle with no hurry to get it done. We will hopefully find just the right possibility.

I told people at Tai Chi about our upcoming winter travel. They all thought it was great and cheered us on.

Miriam also expressed delight that we were venturing forth as she informed me that we should spend our money rather than save it for them to inherit. I also told people at work about my feelings about spending all this money. The response was much the same with someone commenting that we lived very simply and we could splurge once in a while. There was also a remark about how we cannot take it with us when we die we so should enjoy something now.

So far no one has expressed any concern that it is a bad idea, except me. I am swayed by public opinion; consequently I am coming around to the idea that it is an ok thing to do. Certainly after spending all this money I should just enjoy and take pleasure in the result. In the last ten years I have only left the country twice and that was for trips to Kenya. Leroy only left once. I guess we can take another bigger trip. Although we both want to go back to Slovakia, here we are going off to another place. We are doing this because of traveling with friends. This will be a new experience. As we have usually traveled alone or with family.

I remember doing some personality studies and the person leading it commented that I have a hard time having a good time. Is that what all this about?


Paula

No comments: