Sunday, March 15, 2015

Working on Sunday

Hello,

Leroy did not have to work today so he had a list of at home jobs that he kept talking about. He now feels that he has accomplished some things. We worked in the attic, getting rid of excess boxes and the other odd jar or something else that I thought I might use. It looks much better up there. Leroy even found some more canning jars that had not come to the surface before. We are lighter now. I also found some things that I am not quite ready to part with, but the separation feeling is growing. I think they will not be moved because I have not used them since we have lived here. That is three years and long enough to know they are not a necessary part of my life.

Leroy and I have another small box of things that is going to be given away. I really should go over my clothes with a more critical eye so I could eliminate a few more things. I am not sure why the “I might need this” voice is so loud, but some days it is very strong.

I finished the picture puzzle that I was working on. That will leave the house as soon as I take it apart. Rather I asked Miriam if she wants it and she does. Do you think we can remember to take it out west this summer? The real question is where I should put it until we go so I can think of it, but not be bothered by it.

It is interesting the feelings I go through when putting a puzzle together. First I think there are way too many pieces, next I think there are not enough, usually I think when getting close to the end that they are the wrong pieces and they will not fit. I am always a little surprised when it all fits just as it should.

Now I am getting rid of an electric roaster that we have had when we lived in Ely. We left there in 1999 and we have not used it since. Here you thought I was good at getting rid of things. That is true for some things. I guess I thought I might use it or one of the children might want it. It is going after I plug it in to learn if it still works. Course it must be cleaned up a bit even if I give it away.


Paula

No comments: