Friday, March 6, 2015

Shopping with Leroy

Hello,

While in Minnesota visiting Brian I returned my shoes and a set of inserts that I felt did not help, but just distracted me from the good life of walking comfortably down the sidewalk. Leroy looked for a pair of his favorite style boot that he can wear indoors and out. He found just such a pair. Unlike all the women’s boots and winter shoes that were so numerous that clearance pair were spilling out of the bargain room into the main room, these were not on sale. They cost more than Leroy has ever spent on something for his feet, except for his custom made inserts. Even with a little lure of $15 off he was still hesitant until I reminded him that I had just returned about half the cost with my non fitting items. He then got those boots. Course you should know that he will wear these boots until they fall apart about ten years from now. I figure they are well worth the price. Also I no longer have to listen to him complain that he cannot find boots that fit and are what he likes to look at. If calculated the cost per wear will be minimal. I can think of some other clothing items, in both of our closets that do not fit in that category. Now that he has finally gotten some boots, spring will come soon. We have surely turned a corner when boots will not be necessary.

This morning Leroy was home so he went on my shopping outing with me. Because of his presence I went to two second hand stores to look for small loveseats. I had found one on another shopping trip, requested that Leroy look at it the next day, and it was gone. I guess this is furniture buying month as neither store had much there.

In one of these stores Leroy looked at the jeans and pants. He found three pair of wool slacks, two looked very warm and one was a bit dressy. Even though they were listed as Leroy’s size, after trying them on, he said, “Two of them were too tight and one was much too short.” So with a sigh he let them go. Personally I think he should visit Scotland to get the pants that he would like. Or maybe Ireland where wool pants seem more the thing, at least in my mind that is true.


Paula

No comments: