Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Changing Perspectives

Hello,

Some time in my life I have surely said that 40 degrees F is cold, but not today. I hung out clothes for the first time this spring and thought it was quite nice. It was freeing to be outside for this task. It helps the earth and my psyche. I did have to be a little careful about walking in the grass because of the wet and in some part there is still ice. Instead of going out at the first possible moment this morning, I made myself wait until the sun came a bit more in that direction. It is still to be nice on Friday so I can hang out more clothes. I am excited.

I am also pleased to drive without thinking about the possibilities of snow. It affects my parking at work as well. The snow pile is getting much smaller at the side of the library. Yesterday I drove two wheels up on it and claimed my spot.

In spite of the dense fog yesterday, Leroy rode my bike to work. He said there were still a few patches of ice that he found. At least no cars had trouble seeing him with his lights and reflector vest on. He is talking about getting that bike replacement soon. He is disappointed at how little the insurance will pay, but it will help. He will no longer have his bike outside at the church so the next one should be safe there.

I have out a picture puzzle. It is fun to work on it. I have to confess that my eyes are not the best. When the sun shines in the window I can see many more hues and shadings. Yeah, for the sun this helps me to find those pieces. Perhaps I should invest in a special lamp that I can use for such tasks as I don’t think this is a question of the proper glasses.


Paula

No comments: