Friday, March 20, 2015

Aging well or normally?

Hello,

I had a friend request on Facebook from a fellow “P” person, initial used to protect the privacy. Now who is this I wondered for a bit. She looked familiar, but from where? After a few minutes it came to me that I had met her at the neighborhood meeting last month and saw her again this month’s meeting which was just last night. There was a reason she was friending me, but what was it? I even asked Leroy about this, but he could not think either. Perhaps 15 minutes later I remembered that she wanted to know what our garden looked like in the front yard. I, with no smart phone, could not give her immediate gratification of that wish, but could show her now. Good thing she is younger so she could get this process started. Had it depended on me it might not have happened, certainly not until much later.

Leroy keeps changes of clothing at the museum so he can ride the bike and look professional when he is at the desk. He also keeps clothes there so he can wear things for “dirty, dusty” work. Also he sometimes changes clothes when he goes back and forth between the church and the museum. For a guy who does not like to change clothes he does all this with little complaining. Today he brought home some of those clothes because they need to be washed. Not that I was going to wash it, but he did not have his tie and tie bar in the bag even though he remembered picking it up. After two phone calls he finally learned he had dropped it and someone turned it in at the front desk in the museum. He was so happy because he liked that tie bar.

Age is showing, because I had some great thing to relate to you, but I cannot bring it to mind now. You will just have to live with not knowing. Hopefully I am not bothered by that loss either.

I even put some plants outside to start learning what it is like to live outdoors once more. I have been told I could have left the parsley out, but since I did not I thought I should work it out gradually, or it will be gradually if I remember to bring them in for the night.


Paula

No comments: