Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Still Winter

Hello,

It surprised me, but we have more snow than Brian’s back yard. Usually it is the other way. We got another 1-2 inches this morning. Leroy and I easily shoveled off that amount even though it was a bit heavier than expected. I had cancelled Tai Chi because of predicted ice. Because this snow did not seem too bad, I felt a bit guilty, however after Leroy got to work at 8:00 he called to tell me that it was now icy rain. Should I feel happy? Well at least less guilty. The temperature is still a bit low for melting so I am glad to be home today. It is strange, but I am not truly tired of winter. I like the look of the snow on the land and trees plus I have been safe and warm.

When driving to MN. Leroy saw two eagles. I managed to see one of them. Leroy sees them flying over the river on his way to work. He tells me that he is beginning to recognize their flight appearance. When I cross the river, I am paying so much attention to cars that I could not say if there are any birds in the air. He is on back streets and I am on a busy road.

It is a blessing to see so many of these big birds. I never saw one until we lived in western Iowa. I suppose I was in my 20’s, but it could have been 30’s. I believe they have made a great return to life. Now if we could just do that for a few more species it would be nice.

I am proud of myself, because I went over the credit card statements for the last two months as well as the bank statement. My new resolve is to keep current with these things.

I just remembered I was going to put a picture puzzle together while it was still winter. I could get that out today. Is that a simple pleasure? Well, it is for me, but not for Leroy. Instead he is quite happy because Brian loaded him all of the James Bond movies. He started on them last night.a


Paula

No comments: