Sunday, March 8, 2015

All Kinds of People

Hello,

I went to play at a nursing home service with Leroy. I can say there are all kinds of people there. Today was a big crowd for attendance. One woman seemed to be quite alert and with the flow of the service even though she indicated that she could/would not read. Then there was the woman who interrupted at any moment with a little understood comment. At the end of the service when I too went around and greeted people, she asked if I had come with Leroy and was I married to him. At my yes response, she told me I was cute, but added that he was cute too. Before we got out of there she once more ran through the query and affirmed my cuteness. Now if I could just remember that on some bad hair day, I might be uplifted. Surely her vision was still functioning.

There were two men in attendance. They did not speak much, consequently I do not know much about their mental capacity. One of the women who seemed totally silent smiled happily when I shook her hand and commented on the flower in her hair. She then spoke a little too and it made sense.

The only good thing I can say about the time change to daylight saving is that I have not traveled across any time zones so I only have to deal with one change. By the end of the week it should all be good. Right now both of us are tired. I had thought maybe we should set an alarm, but that Leroy woke me up at the best time so we could go to church. Between walking to church, home, nursing home, and back home we put in four miles. It was at a bit slower pace that has often been the case in recent days when the temperatures had been in the single digits. Today was a heat wave. The only problem was the water/ice on the sidewalks from the melting snow. For the early trip we walked much of the way in the street where it was dry.


Paula

No comments: