Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Getting jobs done

Hello,

Leroy and I have seen our lawyer to update our wills and power of attorney. I thought there would be little to change, just our daughter’s last names. Instead we did have to make a small adjustment to the power of attorney because we had set it up to make sense when we went to Slovakia. When the changes have been made we once again meet with the lawyer.

We also need to look into when we will start collecting social security. Leroy has so little time off in the working day that we have having difficulty getting to the office to meet with someone there to discuss some options. On Saturday we will get taxes done. It was about the last possibility again because Leroy could not go during the working week.

One reason Leroy is so locked in is because the museum is getting about 20,000 items out of storage. They have some Americor people helping so that means he must be there to supervise them at specific times. That in turn locks in his church work times. He tells me that in a month it will not be quite so rigid. Until then I just say, “Hello, and good-bye”.

Today I did some shopping errands. Brian had gotten some new furniture glides for his chairs. Leroy decided that ours were not working so well. Last shopping trip I got some, but Leroy did not like those. He thought the ones Brian got were a better quality. So I went to a different store today. Hopefully these will be the solution. I also got a book about planning for long term care. We will look at that and donate it to my library as it has nothing like it. A shoe store was close so I stopped in just to see what might be on sale. I even asked them how I could learn about their sales. Then I confessed that I generally got my shoes at a store in MN. The person standing next to the woman I was taking to asked, “Is that Schuler’s?”

“Yes, how do you know about that store?” I asked.

“Our suppliers talk about what a good store it is,” she then added, “It must be a big store.”

“I think they have five stores in the cities area,” I said.

Small world isn’t it.

I did end up getting a pair of sandals. I believe they will be much more comfortable than the pair I returned in MN. So Iowa might be good for some things. Course in MN there is no sales tax on clothing and shoes. It does make a difference to the total. I just hope the tax money is going for some worthwhile purpose. In other words, something I agree with.


Paula

No comments: