Saturday, March 14, 2015

Beautiful Days

Hello,

Yesterday I got the car washed. It could be called a rite of spring as I saw some other clean cars on the road. It was so nice to be able to look at that clean car and know it was mine before I got back in it. The only sad thing was that I drove through some of those tarry balls they put in pot holes. No one was behind me so I went very slowly and only heard a little of it ping up on the car. I am glad they are filling pot holes, but I wish someone else had driven through there first, maybe someone with a dirty car? Now if we can just get the other car cleaned we will be in good shape.

Today was a special gathering at church for other congregations in our synod. Leroy and I both were volunteers at this event. Leroy did have to do a nursing home service so he was not there the entire time. Because of that serviced he also drove the car, but I walked both directions. I was a little tired at the end and thought about riding with him; however I was happy that I did not as it was wonderful to be out in the sunshine.

One fun thing about this event is that I get to visit with people we have known in former churches. That is one of the best things. It lifts my spirits. Hugs are great. I suppose I should get in the habit of hugging people I see much more frequently.

After we came home Leroy went out and dug in the dirt in our little raised bed garden in front of the house. Late last year we planted some garlic or shallots out there. Leroy tells me that something is showing some life. What a nice surprise. I thought it had just died, never to be seen again. The winter onions are also showing green.  Then there are some onion blubs that I have to give to the neighbors or plant myself as they somehow did not attach to the soil.


Paula

No comments: