Saturday, December 13, 2014

With Leroy Shopping


Hello,

Leroy and I did our little shopping trip this morning. It is so wonderful to check the times that stores open so we could plan our route. Grateful for the internet that provides that information. We even got home about an hour ahead of the time that Leroy stated was the end of all this “fun”.

We made a decision to use the wall clock that I had gotten as nothing else appealed to us. Then we got some molasses, of the blackstrap, organic, unfiltered type. Gingerbread will be made someday.

Unplanned, Leroy got me a birthday, Christmas present. I have a new down coat. Not that I was looking for a coat, but just happened to see it. I was not going to spend so much even with 40% off, plus another $15 because we spent over a certain amount, and an additional $5 subtracted because we are such great people. It was because we are great people, right? Anyway I always buy coats when they are on clearance and hopefully even less money would leave my hands. However there was only one coat on the rack that was my ideal size. I could have worn a small, but as usual the sleeves are a bit short for me and when it is cold that is not fun. Also I would have liked the blue but when she looked online the only one in medium was the same color as the one in front of me. She called it red, but it is really to the side of red. Somewhat like burgundy or some other color name that I cannot possibly extract from my brain. She did say they have been selling a lot of these coats. Last year I was unable to find a down coat that fit at the end of the season. So I got this coat. Leroy declared it a bargain and said, “It is your Christmas and Birthday presents together.”

That mollified my guilt a bit. On the way home I realized I did not put up the hood. “What if it does not adequately cover my head? That was the problem with my last down coat.”

Wonder of wonders, it fits beautifully. Now if global warming goes somewhere else, I will be all prepared for the cold or we might have to move north so I can justify this purchase.

That Leroy is such a decisive shopper. We now have two small gifts for each grandchild to open. What will I do when these kids get too old for the joy of small gifts? Maybe it has already happened with the oldest and I do not know it.


Paula

No comments: