Saturday, December 20, 2014

Leroy is sick

Hello,

Leroy was complaining last evening of abdominal pain that struck and disappeared. Apparently it came intermittently thought the night as well disturbing his sleep. He did not have to work today so that was good. I left him with some bedding in the dryer and instructions to take care of it when done. He did that, but not a great deal more. This evening when I came home, I took his temperature and it was just a slight rise up to 99. He then took a “nap” if you would call it that late in the day. He now claims to feel a bit better. We will hope for health tomorrow. Certainly we are thinking he should be better when it is time for us to head to MN on Wednesday.

I worked today. There was a steady of stream of people. I thought the count would be high at the end of the day, but it must have been that they were nicely spaced. I did get some things off of my desk, but I am not sure that anyone else can tell. Most of my time was spent at the front desk. I even shelved some items because the cart was too full. It was fun to talk books with people. It is especially nice when I find people who agree with my idea of a good book.

I added a new movie to the collection, put it on the shelf, looked for it later to add it to the list of new titles, only to search and search for it and not find it. “Could someone have taken it?” I wondered. I looked in slightly less likely places to no avail. Just when I had given up, I decided to put away some DVDs on the cart and there it was in a lineup. Did I put it there and not remember? I am starting to wonder about my ability to keep track of things.

A friend gave me some of her delicious homemade bread. Leroy and I ate some for supper and declared it worthy of praise.


Paula

No comments: