Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wishes

Hello,

How to make sense of getting my wish and then not feeling totally happy and wishing for the reverse? I had been fussing about all of the fresh garden produce that was occupying our refrigerator. Now we are down to just a few carrots and a couple parsley sprigs. I mourn the hibernation of the garden and its bounty. Am I never satisfied? Yes when I remember the beauty of that largess and the continued benefit from the canned items and the full freezer.

I wish I lived closer to all my children. If such a thing were to happen would I regret not being able to travel to visit them? I do find the travel somewhat of an adventure and I like having interesting places to go.

I like having a job, but some days it interferes with my life, especially when I need or want to go see those children and grandchildren. Somehow I think Leroy has a better grasp on the lack of absolutes in life. He has often expressed the idea that there is a great deal of grey out there with not so much black and white.

Then I wish I could remember where I put the amaryllis blubs. I cannot think the same way I did when I dug them out of the ground just a couple months ago. I am a bit afraid that I might have put them in the garage where they could get quite cold. I believe some cold is to their liking. Because it has been so cold, I am not sure that anything is still living. Are they really somewhere else safer? But where would that be?

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd is our book club book. I like it and hope to have it finished by Sunday when we meet. It could lead to some interesting discussions. According to studies, reading fiction is beneficial to the brain. I am glad to learn that one of my hobbies is right in there.


Paula

No comments: