Sunday, December 7, 2014

Maybe better

Hello,

As of 2:00 pm I still feel fairly well. I am cautious making a statement because I was that way early in the last two day s and it did not carry through to the end. One person at church told me she has been coughing for ten days. Another man talked about being sick for two weeks. Some of these things just hang on longer than they are welcome. Maybe they are not welcome, but we can tolerate them for a reasonable amount of time.

Leroy is again at church participating or rather leading a service for people who feel loss during the holidays. I figured one walk to church for today would be enough. Also this year I do not have the need. This church has never had such a service so they have no idea what to expect for a response.

Leroy is at least getting four miles of fast walking done today. I do have to keep working to stay with him when we walk. I think I have not been walking so much with him and notice that I must be moseying instead of charging. That guy is good for something. Amazing how he sets the pace when walking, but dawdles in his thinking and speaking. Rather he takes the time to consider many possibilities before words come out of his mouth. Sometimes that is good and sometimes not.

I hung out bedding yesterday. They froze in the morning, but thawed in the afternoon. Just to be sure we could sleep on them I did put them in the dryer for a short time. Love that fresh air smell when we get in bed. I am so grateful for this place that has a permanent clothes line out there so I can use it year around without wrestling with possibilities. Apparently there had been discussion of getting rid of the clothes line poles before we came as no one used them. When I heard that I said, “Please do not do that until after we leave.”  They will stay and they have new lines attached.


Paula

No comments: