Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Day Off

Hello,

Yesterday was my day off. One of my friends was moving and I had not quite committed to helping with that. I had asked if she had enough help and she said, “Yes” but somewhat hesitantly. Tuesday night I got a strong feeling that I should help. Calling after 9:30 in the evening is not something I usually do, but did it anyway. The relief in her voice could be felt over the airwaves when I told her I could come in the morning. Originally I planned to just be there in the morning, but it was not until 3:00 in the afternoon that I left when two high school boys came to help.

I was probably about the third most agile and strong of the people who were there when I was; consequently I climbed a lot of stairs. I did not move anything that I thought was too heavy and I set my limit a bit light. It seemed the wiser course to just keep going since there was plenty of lighter things to tote around.

Today my calf muscles are letting me know that they put in a big day yesterday.  It is especially noticeable when I have been sitting for a longer period of time and then move once more. My arms are a little tender however my back has no noticeable problems. I did try to remember to stand up straight with my shoulders back so my whole strength could be applied when lifting and carrying. Guess I just could not stay away from the moving process for too many years. I have to keep up my skills.

I have yet to wear my new coat, but it keeps getting a little colder so maybe soon I will have to get it on. Now for sure I have to find something that will make a nice gift for Leroy. I can think of some things, but I am not sure that I should pick them out as he knows more about some of them.


Paula

No comments: