Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday

Hello,

The Christmas letter is done enough that Leroy could proofread it. I call that progress. Leroy also found the last box of decorations. They have been displayed to their full advantage. It was so warm today I cannot imagine needing a down coat in the near future. Where are those cold days from just a few weeks ago?

This morning the church choir did their special presentation in honor of the Christmas season. It all sounded good, but I find I must be getting old as my mind wanders during a piece sometimes and I get caught wondering just what I should be singing. There are only five sopranos in the choir. Thank goodness one is young and she is on top of all of what is going on. The hard part is that we were split 1st and 2nd parts and then it means only two voices on one part and three on the other. All the other voices have more singers so we have to push to be heard sometimes.

In the bulletin this morning the prelude was attributed to Marty Haugen. I turned to the woman sitting next to me and said, “That is not Marty Haugen.”

First I have never heard of him composing an organ selection and second it did not sound anything like his other music that I am familiar with. Sure enough when I talked to the organist he said it was a misprint in the bulletin. I did not know that composer, but I am pleased that I could recognize who it was not.

I played the piano for a nursing home service this afternoon. At least this time the Christmas decorations did not interfere with opening the lid and putting music on the right spot. Any mistakes I made were just ordinary mistakes that I have to take the credit for. These people were not quite as active as the last group and they straggled in after Leroy had started to do his thing. Leroy is nicely flexible so it is not a big deal.


Paula

No comments: