Monday, December 8, 2014

Wellness is here

Hello,

I am declaring myself well after 24 hours without a fever, low grade or otherwise. I am still coughing, but not so much. I even feel like moving around more.

The amaryllis bulbs are now in the compost bin as they were frozen solid in the garage where I left them to their own devices which could not deal. I do not think that has happened in the past. Am I getting old that I would forget? Surely new ones will make their way into my life. If not Leroy is happy to have one less green plant around here.

Our desk top computer is moving on to a new life. It joined us in December 2006. In recent days we had hardly used it because it was going slow. I asked Leroy to do his great job wiping it clean and starting over. That worked, but he was unable to get the software for the wireless internet connection to work. It seemed we had no joy in just storing it. Leroy was going to take it to a store to recycle, but I asked a woman in the congregation who has access to many people and their needs. She found someone who would have a use for it. It will be going to its new home as soon as moving details are in place. Both Leroy and I are ready for this change. Leroy also wants to get rid of the desk on which it sits. I am not quite ready for that as I would like to move the lap top off of this desk and use it for my journal writing desk. In time I might come round to the idea of getting rid of that desk too. It would certainly lighten our load a little more and I am a firm believer that that is a good thing. As always it is easier to get rid of something that I do not use so much, or something that Leroy is more attached to. We could do a good job cleaning out each other’s space.


Paula

No comments: