Saturday, May 3, 2014

In Utah

Hello,

I had quick uneventful flights with little time to spend between flights. I suppose it was as fluid as it could be without being a direct flight. Miriam picked me up at the airport so I did not navigate the train, but I believe on my way out I will put in that effort. Time was added to the trip to de-ice the plane in Denver. It was not much snow on the plane, but… I had noticed the white ground when we landed.

It was fun to pick up the girls after school as they were suitably excited. However just to keep things in perspective we had not been home long before they wanted to go play with friends.

At seven years old, Olivia started taking piano lessons less than two months ago. A recital is planned for next weekend. She will be participating in that. There will be four pieces in which she will play. There will be two other girls who will be joined at the piano by a parent. The teacher will be playing with Olivia. I sat in on their first group practice. It was a little bit tough to have all play together, but I think now it will probably come together. I have been practicing with Olivia. Today she did much better than that last time. Miriam tells me that is because it was in the morning when she does her best. The recital will be at night after her usual bed time. It should be interesting, however I will be home so will not hear.

Miriam’s graduation was a beautiful day, we had good seats, the girls were polite and attentive, and Miriam is now officially that master of social work person.

She is getting a lot of work done around the house and I have been helping. We dead headed the daffodils and tulips, dug a few weeks, cleaned the patio, and swept a good portion of the garage. It is so warm here that I have a time adjusting. Although when I walked the first morning with the girls there was frost on the ground and we could see our breath. It seems to me that Iowa is not the only place that has very changeable weather.


Paula

No comments: