Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Speedy Trip Home

Hello,

The light rail train came at 9:01 according to Miriam’s schedule. She had me at the stop by ten of 9:00; however just after she had purchased the ticket she said excitedly, “Here comes the train.” We had to quickly more up the track so I could get in the last door. A guy who wanted to get on with his bicycle held the door so we could engage in a brief hug. At the connection stop I only waited six minutes for the next train rather than Miriam’s schedule suggested 17 minutes. Consequently I was at the airport in plenty of time to settle into that preboarding routine. At security the man looked at my ticket to check which line I should join. With disappointment I moved into the regular take off your shoes line. However, at the first curve in my line, three people of ahead of me were waved into the express lane. I was included in that group. I had double knotted my laces so had untied them ahead of time, but I did not complain about retying them. I zipped right on through security without removing anything but the unfashionable fanny pack.

Arriving at the gate, I decided to stand and do some discreet exercise moves before sitting down. Amazingly they started loading the plane about 20 to 30 minutes early. We were all seated and we even took off 20 minutes early. I have not had that happen in the past. Course it really did not matter to me because I had three hours or more to wait for my flight out of Denver. Too bad I did not get that perk with some tight connection.

My flight out of Denver left early too and I landed about ten minutes early, but it always takes a while to deplane so it was at the scheduled landing time when I called Leroy to pick me up. There were even other people in the cell phone lot in spite of the long line at the airport door. I just stepped between cars and Leroy stopped in the second lane so there was no parking. If it had not been for the long layover I would have been home in a short time.


Paula

No comments: