Saturday, May 31, 2014

Happy Leroy

Hello,

Leroy went to the synod convention yesterday for the first time in a couple years. I thought maybe he would be just tired from all the meetings and activity; instead he was totally energized when he got home after nine last night. This was after being gone since before 8 in the morning. He was so pleased to be a part of it all again, see old friends and acquaintances that he had not had contact with for some time. He was a chatter box too, telling me all about it. I am so glad he has the opportunity to go this year.

He left this morning about 6:30. He walked to church to meet his ride there. I decided to walk with him as it was a good time to get that done. I loosely timed our walk and it was quite close to the fifteen minute mile in spite of pausing to look down a big hole that seemed to have caved in on a side street. Leroy even noticed that under the layers of asphalt there was the old brick street. We also took a little time waiting for a green light allowing us to safely cross a main street.

On the way home I again got close to that fifteen minute mile. I cut through the campus thinking I might see more geese, but there was not a goose in sight. Almost all of the goose poop was gone too. I suspect that that campus did something to discourage these fowl birds and cleaned up after them.

Last night, Leroy thought he would have trouble getting to sleep, but I think his breathing changed before mine did even though this morning he told me that he did not sleep well. He certainly was awake early, at just a few minutes after five. He got right up and was ready ahead of time because he was eating breakfast at the meeting rather than at home. Guess this guy just needs more meetings to go to. It energizes rather than saps him.


Paula

No comments: