Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Hello,

It is a quiet mother’s day in this household. Leroy and I walked to church at a brisk pace because we had left the house later than usual. That is good for us because even though we walk frequently we do not get enough aerobic exercise. Leroy who is now part time is not riding the bike so often. He was at a class for a week out of town and did little exercise and much eating, consequently he thinks he gained five pounds. My stomach was upset while I was gone and my weight is down enough that Leroy thinks I should drink malt.

When I opened my email I found a gift card from Brian’s family. I went immediately to the “store” and considered what I might get. The first thing that came to mind is a book I have been planning to buy for all three children’s families for our Utah meeting in July. The book was seven dollars off so, of course, I had to buy it immediately. Then Leroy and I discussed what we might buy so we could get free shipping. Leroy suggested that I get a flash drive so I can save my things separately. There is a gift to myself. Money spent and a bit more. I also thought I might splurge sometime when I am out and about or I could assuage my guilt about buying three clothing items when in Utah and two more after I got home. These were things I did not need, but they looked nice and were at great sale prices. So that is all justified now, right?

The clerk here commented that we, Leroy also got three things, would be ready for fall. Don’t tell anyone, but I wore the cardigan sweater to work yesterday, in the spring, and thought it was great. I suppose I should go through my drawers/closet and eliminate some things. Oh, but it is hard to live up to ones standards. I do not want to get rid of anything. I did manage to get everything in so it seems fine to just let things stay.


Paula

No comments: