Saturday, May 10, 2014

New Learning

Hello,

Last time I worked we had a strong thunder/rain storm come through. During the pounding rain the power went out. There was a patron in there working on the computer. He talked about going home, but I convinced him to wait awhile until the rain abated. He did that. I had not heard him talk much in the past, but he chatted right along without much help from me as I did some not electricity requiring chores such as watering plants, applying new stickers covering books, and keeping an eye on my lone patron. I was eating my lunch during this time and finished my apple just about when the rain stopped but the power had not come back on. I do not like to put my apple cores in the wastebasket because of rotting fruit smell so I took it outside to the close to the library. When I pulled on the door to come back in I learned that the exterior door locks when the power is off. My key does not open that outside door. I could have gone around to the back, but instead I called to the guy inside the building. He did not come. After calling futilely I went to the window close to his seat and tapped on the window, talked loudly, and motioned to the door. He then got up and rescued me.

I could have gone around to the back door as my key works there, but it was nice not to walk so far in the fine mist.

It seems there are always more minute points to discover in any place. At least now I knew where the flash lights are stored and that they do work. I was also pleased that the library has such great windows in the main part of the library so I could see without difficulty. I was also glad that it was not a tornado warning even though I do know what to do in that event. It was great too that when the power returned all computers came back up and functioned properly without assistance.


Paula

No comments: