Sunday, May 18, 2014

Close Call

Hello,

Leroy joined me on my weekly shopping trip in part because he wanted to buy some surge protectors and wanted to have input about that purchase. Before we got to the surge protectors he spent a bit of time looking at tablets. Certainly that will be a future purchase at this house. But not yet as the desktop computer has not succumbed to age after seven years. Seven seems young to me. Because he had to add a wireless card to that computer a couple years ago and son Brian set up the connection, he cannot figure out how to get it to recognize the new source of info.

After some discussion we got the surge protectors and moved on to other shopping tasks such as plants. While getting the plants Leroy also spotted a jacket that he wanted so he got that. I thought it quite a bit of money, but he was unhappy with the cheaper on that he had for several years so hopefully he will be happier now.

As we left the final store I pulled out into a lane of traffic that is not quite in the parking lot, but between lots. As I got to the first intersection I realized that a car sitting at a stop sign there was pulling out in front of me as Leroy yelled. It all seemed in slow motion as I steered the car to the right and almost out of their path. They finally saw me and slammed on their brakes. I continued to curve around and get out of there with my shot of adrenaline cruising through my body willing me to take further action. I took a lot of deep breaths and offered thanks that we did not connect. I have no idea what happened. Did they not see me? Did they think I too had a stop sign?

Before we got home I commented, “That was close.”

To which Leroy replied, “As close as the buffalo.”

You can see that was close enough although we were not scared of the buffalo as we felt safe in the car.

Paula

No comments: