Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lost

Hello,

Last night Leroy was sighing and moving things around in the spare bedroom where he keeps his things. Finally he announced, “I can’t find my wedding ring.”

He spent more time looking, using a flashlight and looking in impossible place. He even put clothes over his pj’s and looked in the garage in garden gloves because he had worn them in the community garden. No luck on spotting that simple gold band before he went to bed.  This morning it was on his mind first thing, but nothing turned up. About a year ago he lost his Luther ring so he is now ringless. There is still hope for the wedding ring, but the Luther ring is gone for good it now seems.

I lost my computer glasses last winter in January. This spring, I even looked where snow had been piled, but no luck in spotting them. They are larger than a ring consequently I cannot imagine why I did not find them.

Perhaps there is a time of grief when you lose something that you care about. After that one must move on to more important things. Strange how life is full of little sorrows. Perhaps that teaches us how to handle the big ones.

For some reason I was overcome with emotion at my parents’ grave site. My father died in 1987 and my mother in 1998. It seems there are still things I would tell them if they were alive. I have said I want to be cremated. Now I wonder will my children want a spot to return to later or will I be lost totally to them? I have only been to the grave a few times so it is not so important to me to do that.


Paula 

No comments: