Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Grumpy

Hello,

The day started off ok. I had a few chores lined up and time to do them. Then Leroy started to deal with the wireless bridge that does not work. He took the laptop, the bridge, and moved the router to the table for easy access prepared to talk to the company. It all worked fine. “Well we must wait until some time when it does not work before we call,” I said, “but I would rather have it in the computer room.”

That move was not successful. Leroy thought maybe the living room would be close enough to the router. So we moved it close to the wall that is next to the kitchen. It worked, but I really wanted it in a different spot. We tried it in the hall, unsuccessful. After that it was moved to another spot in the living room that I could tolerate. That is where it is now working beautifully.

Later I went over the credit card statement only to find that we did not have two of the receipts. I like to have everything in order. I suppose if someone were to have access to our card and stealing the purchase would have been larger than $27.56. Secretly in my heart I blame Leroy because he went shopping with me. Surely he did not take care of this paper, but then he found the piece of paper in the bag with the chair cushions that I might return. Oh no it was me!

Then I decided to get some music using the money Brian gave me. I had thought to get a CD, but saw that I could download a file for MP3s. Leroy thought I should check with Brian to make sure this was compatible with the IPod. It is. Then when I tried to get the music it told me on the website that it was loading it for download, but this was still happening more than 30 minutes later. So we called Brian again to learn what he thought we should do. Through much description, suggestions, and irritation on my part we got it done, but not before Brian had us download a program so he can get into our computer and see what is there as well as control it. He believes that Leroy and I are operating at the edge of our computer ability.

Miriam called while we were on the phone so I called her back. In the course of that conversation I said, “Brian thinks we are old.”

She totally missed her cue and emphatically agreed with him. She also thought we were at the limit of our computer knowledge. Sigh.

Later I took a plant over to our neighbors across the street. Somehow age came up in the conversation with that guy. He thought maybe I am a little younger than he. “I am 66,” I said, “and Leroy is 65.”

He repeated loudly several times, “66! 65!”

“How old do you think I am?” he wanted to know.

“70?” I wondered.

After more guesses he finally told me, “I am 80.”

He thought I was in my 70’s. Such a deal! I certainly cannot brag about my youthful looks.

Leroy and I took a walk later because it seemed I needed to get out of the house. That helped, as I can still walk along at a good clip, although perhaps no longer at the 15 minute mile rate. Do I want to time this?


Paula

No comments: