Saturday, May 24, 2014

Working in the dirt

Hello,

Leroy and I are exercising our farming skills. I have taken out all but three houseplants. So we have planted the second azalea as well as six poinsettias. Our landlord, after consultation, has moved two ferns. We think the backyard will have a great new look with a good spot of green in a weak corner.

Then we moved on to the rental house a couple doors down that our landlord manages. Are we trying to change the neighborhood? I had talked with him last year about the weeds in front of that house, but talk was all it was. This year I was determined to do something about them, but before I did, he approached me about doing it for pay. So yesterday Leroy and I eradicated weeds. It looks so much better without dead weeds from last year. Soon there will be flowers or other greens planted there to beautify the place. I have some flower seeds which I volunteered to put there and we may look for some plants too. Surely mark downs will start in the near future.

Soon we will plant the amaryllis in the back. I also brought home the fern and the spider plant from the elementary building. They both look good, but the fern is just about perfect. If I were selling I could command a good price. Next week I will start bring home plants from the Ely Library. Personally I believe plants like a summer outside. My boss anticipated this move so she has acquired some other plants to keep green in the space.

One of the plants still in the house is in a lined basket so it would not tolerate the rain. The peace lily is blooming so I do not want to disturb it. The Clivia did well outside, but it is sending up this shoot and I am not sure it should be disturbed.

I found my flower seeds. Some are from 2008. I am hoping that they will grow in that space by the house two doors down. If not then that is ok and I am free from hauling them around with me. If you look there is a positive side to many decisions and  issues.

Paula

No comments: