Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Buying Stamps

Hello,

Yesterday one of my co-workers did the ILL job because I have so much work piled up on my desk. I so miss my favorite “Z” source where I could find the records for movies and simply take them. Now I can find the records, but I must do a cut and paste which is certainly more labor intensive. Going back to the ILL, when that is done it means a trip to the post office. With me, I had brought some postcards for the grandchildren that needed stamps. Now I had no genuine reason to go there.

Later in the afternoon a patron, whose name I cannot name, said she was on her way to the post office. I asked, “Would you buy some stamps and mail my cards if I give you money?”

I gave her ten dollars which should more than cover the card mailing cost along with the purchase of a few extra stamps. Almost twenty minutes later she had not returned. It did cross my mind that she might not come back, not likely, but one never knows. Then I got to thinking about how I do not know her name. I could pick her out of a line up, I think, but I could not name her. That happens with many of the patrons. This woman does not check out often so I do not see her name. She seems quite familiar with me in the way she speaks with me, using my name, course I have on a name tag. Could I have known her in the past? I rack my brain and get no results. So that mystery will remain. She did return with stamps and change.

I will be working tonight. The certified yoga person who does an evening yoga class will be out of town for two weeks. I have been looking at the yoga DVD’s trying to decide which would be the best to lead the class. Then yesterday, my boss commented that the projector is not always working and could I lead the class if necessary. I feel a bit intimidated because I am sure this woman is better than I am, but I said yes in spite of that. Now my stomach is just a bit tight, rumbling, and uneasy. I might lose some more weight which seems to happen when I get anxious. Maybe the anxiety preventing routine is what I should do tonight? Or perhaps the one preventing insomnia? After all I do not want to keep people up.


Paula

No comments: