Saturday, October 12, 2013

What's Happening!

Hello,

Because of a special event at the museum, last night or yesterday Leroy spent a long day at work, from 8:00am to about 12:00am. He told me he would be home about midnight. I woke at 12:22 to learn that he was not yet home. I realized that I might not know until morning if anything were wrong or if it was just later than he thought it would be. I didn’t worry too much as I rolled over and almost slipped back to sleep when I heard the door open. It was great to have him arrive safely. He rode his bike as usual. I was a bit concerned about that because I do think there are more likely drunk drivers in the night hours. He reported that it was no problem.

I am still picking tomatoes, picking peppers, and watching soybeans. I even managed to pick enough tomatoes to can four quarts. I was saddened when I opened the canner and found that one of the jars had broken. Generally I do not use nonofficial canning jars, but someone gave me some and because I wanted to save these tomatoes I used them. I thought it would not matter so much when it was not in the pressure cooker. We buried those tomatoes this morning in the flower bed so hopefully they will contribute to the health of the soil.

I am starting to get my house plants ready to come indoors. We will be gone at the end of the month and it does not seem prudent to leave them out on their own with frost possible. It is the end of October after all. Getting the plants ready means picking off leaves, spiders, webs, and other hitchhikers. I have brought in three of plants. The others I have started to look through. Usually more webs show up if there are still spiders in residence. I like my plants, but they do crowd our living space here. I have the two big Christmas cactus that I will hopefully take to the school library and then collect when blossoms are set. Today I was wondering if I should see about selling one of them especially because I have no room for two in this apartment. Decisions, decisions!


Paula

No comments: