Monday, October 7, 2013

Walking

Hello,

Leroy and I did our usual walk to church for a total of two miles. Then in the afternoon we participated in the crop walk which we believe to be 3K or about a mile and a half one direction. The crop walk started with cool temps and overcast sky. It was a good day to walk with a bit of head cover as well as gloves or hands in pockets. We headed out at a brisk pace. At the half way or turn around point it started to sprinkle which quickly became a bit more serious rain. Our walking companion had a small umbrella that she raised with a hint of flair. A few other umbrellas popped up. Some people just turned around and did not make it the entire way. That is fine as it was an unpleasant, cold wet rain rather than a warm summer refresher. Leroy and I ran (ok, ok just jogged) intermittently on that return trip. We were the first to make it back and we had even traveled the entire way. I think we made quite good time as it was only a 40 minute trek. I congratulated us as being not bad for people who do not run regularly and who are over 64 years. I even felt quite good.

I had been concerned about this walk because on Saturday my big toe started hurting when I walked. It seemed somewhat better Sunday morning. For some reason at the end of running it was fine. I must have hurt it and it healed? Miracles still happen.


Paula

No comments: