Monday, October 21, 2013

Packing

Hello,

I still have not packed. It is so hard to decide what clothes will feel comfortable. Then, there is my feet and how to comfortably shoe them. If it is too hot the Morton’s neuroma lets me know that it is still around. On the other hand it might be too cool for sandals all of the time. We only do carry on so it is a trick to get all needed things in especially if packing shoes. I figure that I can borrow some clothes from Sarah even if she is in South Africa. I am fortunate to have girls the same size that I am. Makes packing a little easier. No one has my foot size.

Yesterday we again went to the garden and helped to strip it of most of the tomato vines. There were enough tomatoes that I once again canned four pints and froze a small amount. Now I am done with that. Beans are also done. Yesterday I picked and pulled the rest of the green beans. We froze them because I created room in the freezer. I am not sure how many it was, but I would guess it was easily more than seven pints. We are well supplied for the winter. I love that save, well taken care of feeling.

We are getting a ride to the airport with our landlord as we need to be there earlier than the buses run. On the return trip we will indeed use the bus. Hopefully our plane will be on time, if not we will have to wait an hour at the airport. I did remind Leroy that was how it worked in Bratislava too. I believe we have gotten away from the waiting mentality. We must put a positive spin on it and contemplate life and the gifts we have.

This morning I visited with Nora. She called because her mother had a question about making cinnamon rolls. In the past Nora has just grinned while on the phone. Today she was talking so much that I thought for sure it was her older sister. It was great to have this time together.  Thank you to all those who contributed to this great technology that allows us to connect so easily.


Paula

No comments: