Friday, October 18, 2013

Bus Pass

Hello,

I now have a “City Bus Pass 10 Ride Elderly”. How on earth did I ever get to be classified as elderly? I have gradually slipped into feeling comfortable with the designation of senior, but elderly seems a bit more advanced. Leroy and I are going to try to use the buses to get back to our house from the airport. I feel saddened because we have gotten so far away from public transportation. It is almost hard to believe that I was so comfortable on it in Slovakia and could navigate with ease around Bratislava. What a waste of skill and talent.

Unfortunately the schedules are not so convenient for being at ones destination in a timely manner. I saw a large number of people at the bus station because it was a time when all the buses come in and people can make transfers. In Slovakia, however the number of people at such a spot would have tripled that crowd. It is a vicious circle. The buses do not run so much so not so many people ride. If more people rode they could provide better service.

I might be just giving a donation to the buses, but so be it I would like to encourage them to be efficient. I may just ride them a few times. Leroy also got the same ticket, but he is more likely to use it in the cold days. Although he tells me that it does not work so well with his work times.

I rode my bike the two miles to this spot so on the way home I stopped at the garden to see if I could find some green tomatoes for my neighbor. I realized just as I came to the garden that I had forgotten to put on my bike bags. My jacket had deep pockets so I filled them up. Then when I was riding it all seemed to hang from my neck causing strain and pain. But I got home and deposited the tomatoes on my neighbor’s front step where I hope he finds them. I have visited with this neighbor, but I only know his first name and have no real way of contacting him.


Paula

No comments: