Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Four Quarts

Hello,

I got four full quarts of tomatoes canned yesterday. I decided to puree them in the blender before putting them in the jars. That went fairly well, but sometimes I did not have them in the blender just right and they would not get down to the blades. A wooden spoon helped me out of that dilemma. Last night as Leroy was washing dishes he commented, “Something took a bike out of this wooden spoon.”

“Oh no,” I exclaimed when I saw the spoon, “We have wood in one of our jars of tomatoes.”

“It is probably ok,” Leroy said soothingly, “it is just cellulose. Surely that is good for us.”

If you ever eat at my house I promise not to use one of these jars of tomatoes. Leroy and I will consume them all. So if we don’t make it sometime you will know it is because of a piece of wooden spoon in our innards. At least it was clean wood.

I rode my bike to a store today. I could tell it has been a number of days since I have ridden because the seat felt uncomfortable. How did that happen? I will have to get out some more before the weather causes me to forget about the bike. My new helmet went for its maiden voyage. After adjustments it felt quite comfortable. I am having a hard time thinking of throwing my old helmet away because it is not broken as Leroy’s was. But then it is seven years old and the felt pads no longer work. It is time.

Paula

No comments: